You may not be ready or wanting to participate in a longer study right now. If you’d like a short tele-meeting for individual help dealing with your pattern of extreme food behaviors, you are warmly invited to register for a “Taste and See” Encouragement Conversation.
I’m offering 90 minute one-on-one phone calls, with a Christian spiritual focus, to explore God’s life-changing goodness and strength from his own words – the Holy Bible. The inspiration for this has been my own experience with the encouragement in Psalm 34:8 “Taste and see that the Lord is good; blessed is the one who takes refuge in Him”. We can experience God’s goodness when we “feed” our souls on His truth. And He longs to be your refuge from these harmful eating behaviors.
PURPOSE OF THE CONVERSATION
The purpose of the “Taste and See” is to stimulate your desire for letting God’s power be the strength in overcoming harmful eating behaviors.
GENERAL DESCRIPTION OF THE CONVERSATION
- Get acquainted, including my listening with compassion and without judgment to your story.
- Discuss the nature of your relationship with God, through Jesus.
- Delve into the attributes of God contained in a handout document and read corresponding Bible passages.
- Discuss the connection between His attributes and changing your eating behaviors.
- Determine what elements of your relationship with God you are willing to change and how to do that.
- Agree if we will speak again.
WHO CAN PARTICIPATE
- Any woman over the age of 18 who is struggling with extreme food behaviors.
- You don’t need to self-identify as Christian but please be aware the focus will be from a Christian perspective.
MY COMMITMENT TO YOU
- I will not ask you to share details of your specific behaviors, but will hear them should you wish to share.
- I promise full confidentiality and an atmosphere of compassion and understanding.
- I will pray for us and our time together.
WHAT I ASK OF YOU
- Come with a desire to learn how God, through Jesus, can be your strength to stop using food behaviors as a coping tool.
- Participate from a quiet place with no distractions. (A hands-free phone will be helpful)
- To pray for us and our time together.
KEY POLICIES (VERY IMPORTANT – PLEASE READ CAREFULLY)
- I do not give medical, psychological or dietary advice.
- If you are feeling suicidal right now, please seek medical help immediately!
- If you are feeling suicidal, please do not apply for a conversation.
DATES AND TIMESLOTS OF CONVERSATIONS (EASTERN STANDARD TIME)
To be agreed upon between us.
- There is no charge for my ministry time involved in this conversation.
- Direct costs are:
- 1) your long distance charges to my phone number in the Eastern Time Zone of Canada – if we are not in the same city.
- 2) printer paper to print off the handout we will be working from.
Please bring a Bible, the handout, a pen and some note paper.
PREPARATION FOR THE CONVERSATION
Please read and reflect on the handout content prior to our call.
READY TO APPLY FOR A CONVERSATION?
Please complete the application form here
Thanks for visiting Hungry For Jesus! I really care about your struggles and helping you overcome them. I hope you’ll consider this chance to “Taste And See” God’s goodness and strength in Jesus!